Jardiance 10mg Tablet 90’S
|Manufacturer||Boehringer Ingelheim India Pvt Ltd|
|Country of Origin||INDIA|
|Packing Size||90 Tablet(s)|
What JARDIANCE 10MG is used for?
- JARDIANCE 10MG is used to treat type 2 diabetes in adult patients (aged 18 years and older) that cannot be controlled by diet and exercise alone
Warning & Precautions
Talk to Doctor
Talk to your doctor before you take this medicine, if you:
- Are allergic to empagliflozin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Have type 1 diabetes
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis
- Have serious kidney problems
Pregnancy & Breast Feeding
- It is unknown if JARDIANCE 10MG is harmful to the unborn child. It is not known if JARDIANCE 10MG passes into human breast milk
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine
Children & Adolescents
- JARDIANCE 10MG is not recommended for children and adolescents under 18 years, because it has not been studied in these patients
Driving & Using Machines
- JARDIANCE 10MG has minor influence on the ability to drive and use machines. Taking this medicine in combination with medicines called sulphonylurea or with insulin can cause low blood sugar levels (hypoglycaemia), which may cause symptoms such as shaking, sweating change in vision and may affect your ability to drive and use machines
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines if you feel dizzy while taking JARDIANCE 10MG
Tell your doctor if you are taking,
- Other medicines that lower the amount of sugar in your blood such as insulin or a “sulphonyl urea” medicine
How to Use
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you
- Swallow the tablet whole with water
- You can take the tablet with or without food
If you take more JARDIANCE 10MG
- If you take more JARDIANCE 10MG talk to a doctor immediately or go to a hospital immediately
If you forget to take JARDIANCE 10MG
- If it is 12 hours or more until your next dose, take JARDIANCE 10MG as soon as you remember. Then take your next dose at the usual time
- If it is less than 12 hours until your next dose, skip the missed dose. Then take your next dose at the usual time
- Do not take a double dose of JARDIANCE 10MG to make up for a forgotten dose
If you stop taking JARDIANCE 10MG
- Do not stop taking JARDIANCE 10MG without first consulting your doctor
- Your blood sugar levels may increase when you stop taking JARDIANCE 10MG
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia)
- Genital yeast infection (thrush)
- Passing more urine than usual
- Itching, rash or red skin
- Include raised bumps, oozing fluid or blisters or thirst
- Blood tests may show changes in blood fat (cholesterol) levels in your blood.
- Urinary tract infection
- Straining or pain when emptying the bladder
- Blood tests may show changes related to kidney function (creatinine or urea)
- Blood tests may show increases in the amount of red blood cells in your blood
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children
- Store at room temperature (15-25°C)
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date
What is type 2 diabetes?Type 2 diabetes is a disease that comes from both your genes and your lifestyle. If you have type 2 diabetes, your pancreas does not make enough insulin to control the level of glucose in your blood, and your body is unable to use its own insulin effectively. This results in high levels of glucose in your blood which can lead to medical problems like heart disease, kidney disease, blindness, and poor circulation in your limbs.
Symptoms of hypoglycemia:
If you take JARDIANCE 10MG with another medicine that can cause low blood sugar, such as a sulfonylurea or insulin, your risk of getting low blood sugar is higher. The signs of low blood sugar may include:
- Shaking, sweating, feeling very anxious or confused, fast heart beat
- Excessive hunger, headache
Q. What is the recommended method of taking Jardiance?
Take the recommended dose advised by the doctor. Jardiance may be taken with or without food. It should be swallowed whole with water, preferably at the same time each day. For best results, it is important to stay on a diet and exercise program as directed by your doctor.
Q. Can I stop taking Jardiance?
No, do not stop taking Jardiance without consulting your doctor. This can lead to a sudden increase in your blood glucose levels. Use the medicine strictly as per the dose and duration advised by the doctor. Never stop taking any medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q. Can Jardiance be used with other diabetes medicine?
Yes, Jardiance can be used alone or in combination with other diabetes medicines. However, along with medicines, proper diet and exercise should be followed.
Q. Can the use of Jardiance cause hypoglycemia (very low blood sugar levels)?
Jardiance on its own does not cause very low blood sugar. However, watch out for hypoglycemia if Jardiance is taken along with other diabetes medicines such as insulin, sulfonylurea, or meglitinides.
Q. What is the significance of HbA1c test?
Your doctor may ask you to get your HbA1c tested every 3 months. This test is done to see how well you have managed your blood sugar for the past 2-3 months.
Q. I am taking furosemide for high blood pressure, can I take Jardiance with it?
Jardiance may cause excessive fluid loss or you may urinate more, resulting in dehydration. Since furosemide also causes fluid loss, taking it with Jardiance, you may experience unusual thirst, lightheadedness or dizziness upon standing and fainting or loss of consciousness. Inform your doctor about furosemide before starting Jardiance.
Q. If I forget to take Jardiance, what should I do?
If you have forgotten to take Jardiance and next dose is due after 12 hours, take it as soon as you remember and take the next dose at usual time. If it is less than 12 hours until your next dose, skip the missed dose. Then take your next dose at the usual time. Do not take a double dose of Jardiance to make up for a forgotten dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
This product is available!